ANSUL Cleanguard® Clean Agent Hand Portable Extinguishers
CLEANGUARD Clean Agent Extinguishers are designed for the protection of commercial and industrial facilities that typically contain sensitive or irreplaceable equipment and materials that could be damaged or destroyed by water, foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Offering superior performance, CLEANGUARD extinguishers are electrically nonconductive, environmentally friendly, and extremely low in toxicity.Request Information
CLEANGUARD Clean Agent Extinguishers are designed for the protection of commercial and industrial facilities that typically contain sensitive or irreplaceable equipment and materials that could be damaged or destroyed by water, foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Offering superior performance, CLEANGUARD extinguishers are electrically nonconductive, environmentally friendly, and extremely low in toxicity.
CLEANGUARD extinguishers are ideal for computer centers, data/document storage areas, communications facilities, control rooms, electronics manufacturing, laboratories, museums, art galleries, and more. Rated for Class A, B, and C fires, the extinguisher agent leaves no residue, requires no cleanup after discharge, and will not cause collateral damage to materials, equipment, and facilities.
Available in agent capacities of 2.5 lb (1.1 kg), 4.75 lb (2.2 kg), 9.50 lb (4.3 kg) and 13.25 lb (6.01 kg), CLEANGUARD extinguishers feature an effective discharge range up to 16 ft (4.9 m).
- CLEANGUARD shells are produced by a single-step cold deep draw process which yields a seamless steel cylinder with an extremely high tensile strength.
- ANSUL’s unique pre-treatment of the raw low carbon steel not only consists of a cleaning process, but also applies a special lubricant which helps keep the interior and exterior shell surfaces scratch-free.
- The collar and specially preformed bottom enclosure are MIG welded to produce a smooth, high integrity weld.
- Extinguisher shells are 100% factory air tested in excess of 600 psi (41.4 bar), Non-Magnetic tested in excess of 300 psi (20.7 bar).
- Proprietary metal finishing equipment and two-coat powder paint system used by ANSUL is superior to conventional liquid and powder paint systems. The equipment and the two-coat system work together to maximize the properties of each paint.
- Prior to painting, a custom designed shot blaster is used to obtain a “white metal” finish on the exterior of the shell. The blasting process removes surface contaminants and provides a textured surface which promotes paint adhesion.
- The specially formulated two-coat powder paint system is electrostatically applied and cured in infrared ovens. First, an epoxy primer is applied for maximum corrosion resistance and adhesion. Then, to resist fading, cracking, and chipping; a polyester urethane top coat is applied.
- Easy grip extinguisher handles designed for maximum portability, allowing operators to fight the fire without removing work gloves.
- CLEANGUARD extinguisher valve bodies are made from a durable extruded aluminum alloy which has been black anodized for additional corrosion resistance.
- Completed valve assemblies feature plated steel valve stems which contain O-Ring and seat material compatible with the FE-36 agent to provide reliable performance and long life.
- Rugged all-steel pick-up tubes help provide proper and dependable agent flow through the valve body.
- Aluminum alloy hose ferrules are coated with Stalgard® to resist oxidation.
- CLEANGUARD extinguishers have large, color-coded pressure gauges which provide a quick visual indication of unit readiness.
- Metal ring pins with metal retention chains are utilized and held in place by a visual inspection seal to help prevent accidental discharges.
- One-piece Mylar label with easy-to-read pictograms provides the user with step-by-step operating instructions and the hazard classes for which the extinguisher was designed. Label also contains useful recharge, maintenance, inspection, operating temperature, HMIS and model information. (Optional multilingual nameplates are also available.)
- Large, easy-to-scan bar coded model and UL serial numbers simplify inspection and maintenance record keeping.
- ANSUL valve subassemblies are 100% tested for functionality before final assembly.
- CLEANGUARD extinguishers are filled at the factory to precise tolerances.
- Pressurized and 100% leak tested utilizing mass spectrometry technology.
- Anodized metal nozzle tips are designed to tight specifications and maximize the extinguishment capabilities of the particular model.
- CLEANGUARD extinguishers are shipped from the factory in individual recyclable corrugated cardboard cartons. Designed and field tested to help assure your extinguishers arrive undamaged and ready for operation. The glued one-piece cartons have carrying handles and a pressure gauge inspection port.
- All CLEANGUARD extinguisher cartons are properly labeled according to the latest DOT regulations for ease of shipping in the field.
- As a final quality control step, CLEANGUARD extinguishers are randomly sampled for performance testing, which includes weight percent discharge and discharge times.
- Hydrostatic Test Requirement: Once every 12 years (All Models)