ANSUL K-Guard® Model K01-2 Hand Portable Extinguisher
The K-GUARD extinguisher is an attractive, easy to use and maintain, stainless steel extinguisher.Request Information
The K-GUARD extinguisher is an attractive, easy to use and maintain, stainless steel extinguisher.
The ANSULEX® Low pH fire extinguishing agent used in the extinguisher is a specially-formulated aqueous solution. It has been developed to provide rapid flame extinguishment and securement of hot fuels such as cooking shortenings.
- Meets or exceeds requirements of UL Standard 8 and Standard 711
- Meets requirements of NFPA 10
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Wide angle, soft discharge spray pattern
- Stainless steel bourdon tube gauge
- Bar coded nameplate
- Sold and serviced through a network of independent distributors in every state and most foreign countries
- ULI rated 2-A:K
- ULC rated 1-A:K
- Factory filled and pressurized
- Stainless steel pick-up tube
The K-GUARD® liquid agent fire extinguisher is specifically designed for use on fires that involve combustible cooking vegetable or animal fats in commercial cooking equipment. Typical appliances include; fryers; griddles, range tops; upright, natural charcoal, or chain-type broilers; electric, lava rock, mesquite or gas radiant char-broilers and woks.
Newer, more efficient cooking appliances, plus the use of non-saturated cooking oils, require a fire extinguishing agent which will not only smother a fire but provide a cooling effect.
The extinguisher is ideally suitable for use in restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, schools, airports, and other similar facilities.
It is used as a backup to an automatic fire suppression system.
The energy source to the cooking equipment shall be shut off by the automatic fire suppression system in order to attain complete extinguishment and permit the cooking media to cool below its auto-ignition temperature.
Meets new Class K (Combustible Cooking Media) fire requirements of NFPA 10.
K-GUARD Model K01-2 Liquid Agent Fire Extinguishers
- Model No.: K01-2
- ULI Rating: 2-A:K
- ULC Rating: 1-A:K
- Capacity: 1.6 gal (6 L)
- Dimensions: Height 21.25 in (540 mm), Width 9 1/2 in (241 mm), Depth (Diameter) 7 in (178 mm)
- Range: 8 to 10 ft. (2.4 to 3.1 m)
- Discharge Time: 45 seconds
- Temperature Range: -20 to 120 ºF (-29 to 49 ºC)
- Bracket: Wall mount