ANSUL RED LINE Cartridge-Operated Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers
RED LINE cartridge-operated fire extinguishers are the premium firefighting units preferred by safety directors worldwide in high fire-risk industries such as chemical, petro-chemical, oil and gas, mining, aviation, and power generation. Cartridge-operated means increased reliability, on-the-spot recharge, ease of service, and superior firefighting performance.Request Information
RED LINE cartridge-operated fire extinguishers are the premium firefighting units preferred by safety directors worldwide in high fire-risk industries such as chemical, petro-chemical, oil and gas, mining, aviation, and power generation. Cartridge-operated means increased reliability, on-the-spot recharge, ease of service, and superior firefighting performance.
Typical applications include fuel loading racks, heavy construction sites, dip tanks, oil pumping stations, mining equipment, paint lockers, trucks and buses, fuel storage rooms, production lines and others. Tough, carbon steel shells resist impact, vibration and corrosion; quality components stand up to years of service; and special polyester powder paints provide superior protection against cracking and chipping.
- Ergonomically designed for maximum operator performance
- Meets or exceeds requirements of ANSI/UL 299 and 711 or ULC S504 and S508
- USCG approved with proper bracket
- FM Approved
- Simple and safe operation
- Maintenance checks can be easily made on every moving part
- Field rechargeable
- Four sizes (5, 10, 20, and 30) available with many options
- Field replacement metal cartridge guard option available for 20 and 30 lb. extinguishers
- Choice of dry chemical agents to satisfy specific protection requirements
- Class D dry powder agents are available in 30 lb. extinguisher models only
- Twelve-year limited warranty
MODEL 5, Transportation Vehicle Slim Design
The Model 5 has a slim design for use on vehicles and machinery where space is limited. Typical applications include small trucks, buses, lift trucks, mining vehicles, boats, automobiles and production line machinery.
MODEL 10, High Fire-Frequency Areas
The Model 10 is designed for high fire-frequency areas where light or ordinary fire hazards exist. It is ideal for remote locations where smaller fires occur and on-the spot recharging is necessary. Typical applications include trucks, production line machinery, paint lockers and mining equipment.
MODEL 20, Large Fires in High-Risk Areas
Larger fires in high-risk areas require use of the Model 20. Typical applications include dip tanks, storage drums, oil pumping stations, turbines and compressors, quench tanks and large industrial applications.
MODEL 30, Large, Intense Fires
The Model 30 is recommended wherever large, intense fires often occur and maximum fire killing power is needed. Typical applications include warehouses, paint-mixing areas, fuel loading racks, fuel storage locations and heavy construction sites.
Expellant Gas Cartridges
Expellant gas cartridges
- Factory-tested pressure cartridge installed on the outside of the unit (except Model 5) for easy removal and recharge.
- Expellant gas cartridges are fabricated of one-piece spun steel in accordance with DOT 3E-1800 (Carbon Dioxide) or DOT 3A-2100 (Nitrogen) and Transport Canada (TC) specifications.
Note: The Model 5 and Model 10 cartridges with two piece construction are exempt from DOT requirements (due to volume) and are made in accordance with UL/ULC specifications.
- Standard models are equipped with CO2 cartridges and receivers which are listed and approved for operation in environments with temperatures between –40 °F to 120 °F (–40 °C to 48.8 °C).
- The Low Temperature (LT) models are equipped with a nitrogen cartridge, cartridge receiver and hose that are listed and approved for operation in environments with temperatures as low as -65 0F (-54 0C).