ANSUL SENTRY Dry Chemical Hand Portable Extinguishers
Every year, fires cost businesses money, property, and most tragically, lives. ANSUL® SENTRY Stored Pressure Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers enable you to respond in those first critical minutes to protect your most important assets.Request Information
Fire Protection Anywhere You Need It
Compact and portable, SENTRY dry chemical extinguishers are designed for the protection of light and ordinary hazards and are suited for commercial fire protection needs. Found virtually anywhere a general-purpose fire extinguisher is needed, they are economically priced without sacrificing performance. Powerful and engineered to last, these extinguishers are UL/ULC listed, USCG approved and comply with NFPA10.
- SENTRY shells are produced by a cold deep draw process which yields a seamless steel cylinder with a high tensile strength.
- Unique pre-treatment of the raw low carbon steel not only consists of a cleaning process, but also applies a special lubricant which helps keep the interior and exterior shell surfaces scratch free.
- The collar and specially preformed bottom enclosure are MIG welded to produce a smooth, high integrity weld.
- Extinguisher shells are 100% factory air tested in excess of 600 psi (41.4 bar).
- The powder paint process is superior to conventional liquid based paint systems in its ability to resist blistering, cracking, fading, chipping and corrosion.
- Before the extinguisher shells are painted, they are surface treated with a blasting or phosphate bonding process. This enhances the paint adhesion and corrosion resistance.
- The specially formulated powder paint is electrostatically applied and oven cured to help ensure complete coverage and uniform paint thickness.
- Easy grip extinguisher handles are designed for maximum portability, allowing operators to fight the fire without removing work gloves.
- SENTRY extinguisher valve bodies are made from a durable extruded aluminum alloy.
- Completed valve assemblies feature plated steel valve stems which contain O-Ring and seat material compatible with the agent to provide reliable performance and long life.
- Rugged all steel pick-up tubes help provide proper and dependable agent flow through the valve body.
- Aluminum alloy hose ferrules are anodized to resist oxidation.
- SENTRY extinguishers have large, color-coded pressure gauges which provide a quick visual indication of unit readiness.
- Large 1 1/4 in. (32 mm) dia. coated steel ring pins are utilized and held in place by a visual inspection seal to help prevent accidental discharges. Note: Smaller ring pins for 2 1/2 lb. units are stainless steel.
- One piece, multilingual, color-coded Mylar label with easy-to read pictograms provides the user with step-by-step operating instructions and the hazard classes for which the extinguisher was designed. Label also contains useful recharge, maintenance, inspection, operating temperature, HMIS and model information.
- Large, easy-to-scan bar coded model and UL/ULC serial numbers simplify inspection and maintenance record keeping.
- ANSUL valve subassemblies are 100% tested for functionality before final assembly
- SENTRY extinguishers are vacuum-filled at the factory to precise filling tolerances.
- Pressurized to 195 psi (13.4 bar), and 100% leak tested utilizing mass spectrometry technology.
- Injection molded nozzle tips are designed to tight specifications and maximize the extinguishment capabilities of the particular model and agent.
- SENTRY extinguishers are shipped from the factory in individual recyclable corrugated cardboard cartons. Designed and field tested to help assure your extinguishers arrive undamaged and ready for operation. The glued one-piece cartons have carrying handles and a pressure gauge inspection port.
- All SENTRY extinguisher cartons are properly labeled according to the latest DOT regulations for ease of shipping in the field.
- ANSUL dry chemical extinguishing agents are manufactured from the high quality raw materials and are carefully blended to meet stringent performance specifications. These agents are then tested to be free-flowing, water repellent and electrically nonconductive.
- As a final quality control step, SENTRY extinguishers are randomly sampled for performance testing, which includes weight percent discharge and discharge times.
- Hydrostatic Test Requirement: Once every 12 years (All Models).
- VB denotes with vehicle bracket.
Versatile Fire Protection
- Compact and portable
- Built for commercial environments
- Economically priced
- Meets or exceeds requirements of ANSI/UL 299 and 711, or ULC S504 and S508
- USCG approved with proper bracket
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Tough, glare-resistant, one-piece Mylar nameplates
- Manufactured of durable high quality materials
- Choice of dry chemical agents to satisfy specific protection requirements
- Corrosion-resistant and high-flow models
- Large, easy-to-read pressure gauge
- Six-year limited warranty from date of delivery to original end user purchaser
- 2 1/2 lb. and 5 lb. units also available with vehicle bracket attached and packaged with extinguisher
Specific Agents Are Available to Fight Class A, B or C Fires
FORAY Dry Chemical—A monoammonium phosphate-based agent for use on Class A (wood, paper, cloth), Class B (flammable liquids and gases), and Class C (electrical) fires.
Purple-K Dry Chemical—A potassium bicarbonate-based agent that is the most effective ANSUL dry chemical for knock-down and extinguishment of Class B (flammable liquids and gases) and Class C (electrical) fires.
PLUS-FIFTY C Dry Chemical—A sodium bicarbonate-based dry chemical for use on Class B (flammable liquids and gases) and Class C (electrical) fires.
Top Quality Construction for Top-of-the-Line Performance
Standout features include a seamless steel cylinder with high tensile strength and 100% factory air tested in excess of 600 psi (41.4 bar). These compact and lightweight extinguishers consist of aluminum alloys and plated steel components with tough exterior shell coatings. In addition, valve bodies are made from a durable extruded aluminum alloy.
Valve assemblies feature plated steel valve stems that contain O-ring and seat material compatible with the agent to provide reliable performance and long life. Rugged all-steel pick-up tubes provide proper and dependable agent flow through the valve body. Extinguisher sizes are 2.5 lb. (1.13 kg), 5 lb. (2.27 kg), 10 lb. (4.54 kg) and 20 lb. (9.07 kg) agent capacity.
High-Flow Models Meet NPFA 10, Section 5.5
SENTRY High-Flow Extinguishers are available with 10 lb. and 20 lb. (4.54 kg and 9.07 kg) dry chemical agent capacities and flow rates exceeding 1 lb. (0.45 kg) per second in accordance with NFPA 10 Standard, Section 5.5. Typical hazards for high-flow, stored pressure units include pressure fires commonly found in gas stations, propane filling/ storage facilities, maintenance shops and small paint spray booths.
Built to Withstand Harsh Corrosive Environments
SENTRY Corrosion-Resistant Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers are available with 10 lb. and 20 lb. (4.54 kg and 9.07 kg) agent capacities for the protection of light, ordinary and extra high hazards. These portable extinguishers meet the needs for industrial fire protection and are built to survive the corrosive environments found in the mining and chemical industries or in marine applications. They are manufactured using corrosion resistant paint, chrome-plated brass valve assembly and stainless steel components.
SENTRY dry chemical extinguishers are designed for protection of light and ordinary hazards. These compact and portable extinguishers are designed for commercial/compliance fire protection needs. All extinguishers are designed to fit most wall mounted storage cabinets. Typical applications include:
- Apartment buildings
- Construction sites
- Electrical equipment rooms
- Gas/fueling stations
- Light manufacturing
- Machining operations
- Material handling vehicles
- Maintenance facilities
- Paint processing areas
- Paint spray booths
- Parking garages
- Propane filling and storage
- Repair shops
- Welding areas