ANSUL SENTRY Dry Chemical Hand Portable Extinguishers
Every year, fires cost businesses money, property, and most tragically, lives. ANSUL® SENTRY Stored Pressure Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers enable you to respond in those first critical minutes to protect your most important assets.Request Information
Fire Protection Anywhere You Need It
Compact and portable, SENTRY dry chemical extinguishers are designed for the protection of light and ordinary hazards and are suited for commercial fire protection needs. Found virtually anywhere a general-purpose fire extinguisher is needed, they are economically priced without sacrificing performance. Powerful and engineered to last, these extinguishers are UL/ULC listed, USCG approved and comply with NFPA10.
- SENTRY shells are produced by a cold deep draw process which yields a seamless steel cylinder with a high tensile strength.
- Unique pre-treatment of the raw low carbon steel not only consists of a cleaning process, but also applies a special lubricant which helps keep the interior and exterior shell surfaces scratch free.
- The collar and specially preformed bottom enclosure are MIG welded to produce a smooth, high integrity weld.
- Extinguisher shells are 100% factory air tested in excess of 600 psi (41.4 bar).
- The powder paint process is superior to conventional liquid based paint systems in its ability to resist blistering, cracking, fading, chipping and corrosion.
- Before the extinguisher shells are painted, they are surface treated with a blasting or phosphate bonding process. This enhances the paint adhesion and corrosion resistance.
- The specially formulated powder paint is electrostatically applied and oven cured to help ensure complete coverage and uniform paint thickness.
- Easy grip extinguisher handles are designed for maximum portability, allowing operators to fight the fire without removing work gloves.
- SENTRY extinguisher valve bodies are made from a durable extruded aluminum alloy.
- Completed valve assemblies feature plated steel valve stems which contain O-Ring and seat material compatible with the agent to provide reliable performance and long life.
- Rugged all steel pick-up tubes help provide proper and dependable agent flow through the valve body.
- Aluminum alloy hose ferrules are anodized to resist oxidation.
- SENTRY extinguishers have large, color-coded pressure gauges which provide a quick visual indication of unit readiness.
- Large 1 1/4 in. (32 mm) dia. coated steel ring pins are utilized and held in place by a visual inspection seal to help prevent accidental discharges. Note: Smaller ring pins for 2 1/2 lb. units are stainless steel.
- One piece, multilingual, color-coded Mylar label with easy-to read pictograms provides the user with step-by-step operating instructions and the hazard classes for which the extinguisher was designed. Label also contains useful recharge, maintenance, inspection, operating temperature, HMIS and model information.
- Large, easy-to-scan bar coded model and UL/ULC serial numbers simplify inspection and maintenance record keeping.
- ANSUL valve subassemblies are 100% tested for functionality before final assembly
- SENTRY extinguishers are vacuum-filled at the factory to precise filling tolerances.
- Pressurized to 195 psi (13.4 bar), and 100% leak tested utilizing mass spectrometry technology.
- Injection molded nozzle tips are designed to tight specifications and maximize the extinguishment capabilities of the particular model and agent.
- SENTRY extinguishers are shipped from the factory in individual recyclable corrugated cardboard cartons. Designed and field tested to help assure your extinguishers arrive undamaged and ready for operation. The glued one-piece cartons have carrying handles and a pressure gauge inspection port.
- All SENTRY extinguisher cartons are properly labeled according to the latest DOT regulations for ease of shipping in the field.
- ANSUL dry chemical extinguishing agents are manufactured from the high quality raw materials and are carefully blended to meet stringent performance specifications. These agents are then tested to be free-flowing, water repellent and electrically nonconductive.
- As a final quality control step, SENTRY extinguishers are randomly sampled for performance testing, which includes weight percent discharge and discharge times.
- Hydrostatic Test Requirement: Once every 12 years (All Models).
- VB denotes with vehicle bracket.