ANSUL SENTRY High-Flow Portable Extinguishers
Designed specifically for commercial, compliance markets, this portable fire extinguisher provides cost-effective, high performing fire suppression to meet the requirements of NFPA 10 for Portable Fire Extinguishers.Request Information
Sentry High-Flow Stored-Pressure Fire Extinguishers
We are excited to announce the launch of the new Sentry High-Flow, Stored-Pressure Fire Extinguishers.
Designed specifically for commercial, compliance markets, this portable fire extinguisher provides cost-effective, high performing fire suppression to meet the requirements of NFPA 10 for Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Available in 10 lb. and 20 lb. models with standard or corrosion-resistant coatings, the Sentry High-Flow, Stored-Pressure Fire Extinguisher is designed to meet the requirements of NFPA 10 (Standard for Portable Fire Extinguishers) Section 22.214.171.124 for pressurized flammable liquids and pressurized gas fires.
The higher discharge rate enables a higher volume of dry chemical agent to be applied to the fires more quickly, providing increased firefighting capability as compared to a standard fire extinguisher.
The Sentry High-Flow, Stored-Pressure Fire Extinguisher fulfills a market need for users who don’t require an industrial cartridge-operated extinguisher, but must comply with a hand portable extinguisher that meets industry standards.
- The shells of Sentry extinguishers are produced by a cold deep draw process which yields a seamless steel cylinder with a high tensile strength.
- Unique pre-treatment of the raw low carbon steel not only consists of a cleaning process, but also applies a special lubricant which helps keep the interior and exterior shell surfaces scratch free.
- The collar and specially pre-formed bottom enclosure are MIG welded to produce a smooth, high integrity weld.
- Extinguisher shells are 100% factory air tested at 720 psi 49.5 bar).
- The powder paint process is superior to conventional liquid based paint systems in its ability to resist blistering, cracking, fading, chipping, and corrosion.
- Before the extinguisher shells are painted, they are surface treated with a blasting or phosphate bonding process. This enhances the paint adhesion and corrosion resistance.
- The specially formulated powder paint is electrostatically applied and oven cured to help ensure complete coverage and uniform paint thickness.
- Easy grip extinguisher handles are designed for maximum portability, allowing operators to fight the fire without removing work gloves.
- Completed valve assemblies feature plated steel valve stems which contain O-ring and seat material compatible with the agent to provide reliable performance and long life.
- Rugged all-steel pick-up tubes help provide proper and dependable agent flow through the valve body.
- Sentry extinguishers have large, color-coded pressure gauges which provide a quick visual indication of unit readiness.
- Large 1 1/4 in. (32 mm) dia. coated steel ring pins are utilized and held in place by a visual inspection seal to help prevent accidental discharges.
- One piece, multilingual, color-coded Mylar label with easy-to-read pictograms provides the user with step-by-step operating instructions and the hazard classes for which the extinguisher was designed. Label also contains useful recharge, maintenance, inspection, operating temperature, HMIS and model information.
- Large, easy-to-scan bar coded model and UL/ULC serial numbers simplify inspection and maintenance record keeping.
- Valve subassemblies are 100% tested for functionality before final assembly.
- Sentry extinguishers are vacuum-filled at the factory to precise filling tolerances.
- 100% leak tested utilizing mass spectrometry technology at pressures of 240 psi (16.5 bar).
- Injection molded nozzle tips are designed to tight specifications and maximize the extinguishment capabilities of the particular model and agent.
- Sentry extinguishers are shipped from the factory in individual recyclable corrugated cardboard cartons. Designed and field tested to help ensure your extinguishers arrive undamaged and ready for operation. The glued one-piece cartons have a pressure gauge inspection port.
- Cartons of Sentry extinguishers are properly labeled according to the latest DOT/TC regulations for ease of shipping in the field.
- ANSUL® dry chemical extinguishing agents are manufactured from high quality raw materials and are carefully blended to meet stringent performance specifications. These agents are then tested to be free-flowing, water repellent and electrically nonconductive.
- As a final quality control step, Sentry extinguishers are randomly sampled for performance testing, which includes weight percent discharge and discharge times.
- Extinguisher shells pre-treated with a special iron phosphate bonding process
- Valve bodies made from a durable extruded brass alloy which is chrome-plated for additional protection
- Completed valve assembly components resist oxidation with brass valve stems; plated brass hose ferrules and couplings; and stainless steel handle, lever, and ring pin and chain assembly
- Designed for industrial fire protection needs, especially within chemical or marine environments
Except Canada – UL Listed. English/Spanish nameplates.
The converted metric values in this document are provided for dimensional reference only and do not reflect an actual measurement.
Fire Suppression Capability – Underwriters Laboratories classifies a “novice operator” as one who has little or no experience in operating a fire extinguisher.
- Complies with NFPA10, Section 5.5 for pressurized flammable liquids and gasses
- Economically priced
- Meets or exceeds requirements of ANSI/UL 299 and 711, or ULC S504 and S508
- 240 psi (16.6 bar) operating pressure for maximum performance
- USCG approved with proper bracket
- Simple operation and maintenance
- Tough, glare-resistant, one-piece Mylar nameplates with distinct “High-Flow” designation
- Manufactured of durable high quality materials
- Choice of Purple-K and FORAY dry chemical agents to satisfy specific protection requirements
- Large, easy-to-read pressure gauge
- Manuals and parts lists available for training purposes
- Six-year limited warranty from date of delivery to original end-user purchaser
- Sold and serviced through an international network of independent distributors
- Corrosion-Resistant (CR) models available
- Superior discharge flow rates of 1 lb. (0.45 kg) per second or greater of dry chemical agent
- UL/ULC listed
- Easy to operate
- Large, easy-to-read 240 psi (16.5 bar) pressure gauge
- “High-Flow” nameplate designation easily identifies extinguisher
- Seamless, drawn steel cylinder
- Superior powder paint resists blistering, cracking, fading, chipping and corrosion
- Corrosion-resistant models feature chrome plated, brass and stainless steel components to withstand harsh environments.
The Sentry High-Flow Extinguishers comply with NFPA 10, Sec. 5.5, which defines fire protection for pressurized flammable liquids and gasses as three dimensional and/or gravity fed fuel fires. The extinguishers are large capacity dry chemical fire extinguishers of 10 lb. (4.5 kg) agent capacity or greater, with a discharge rate of 1 lb/sec (0.45 kg/sec) or greater.
The Sentry High-Flow, Stored-Pressure Extinguisher is designed for commercial/compliance markets, with light and ordinary hazards such as:
- Propane filling and storage locations
- Gas/fuel stations
- Construction sites
- Maintenance facilities
- Hazardous material cabinets
- Small paint booths and repair facilities
- Marinas and marine terminals
- Salvage and recycling facilities
- Warehouse and storage