Kidde Fire Systems designed the Sentinel DCS Dry Chemical System to protect haulers, graders, forestry, waste management machines and trucks, and other vehicles and machines. The DCS System employs multiple means of actuation, providing flexibility for how the system is controlled and activated.
The Sentinel DCS system utilizes long-proven fire suppression technology, with the multi-purpose ABC Dry Chemical agent. With fast flame knockdown and chemical interference with the propagation of flame, ABC Dry Chemical is utilized throughout the world.
The DCS System utilizes a variety of detection technologies to sense heat or flames produced by fires. Flexible hose layouts provide ease of installation and design. There are two nozzles, the Cone Nozzle and LR Fan Nozzle, that can be mixed and matched on any system to provide the best fire suppression patterns. The Sentinel DCS cylinders and bracketing have met stringent UL 1254 shock and vibration testing, and are fully FM approved.
- FM Approved
- 25-, 50-Short-, 50-Tall-, and 68-lb. Capacities
- Nickel-Plated Forged Brass Valve
- Available Pressure Supervision
- Variety of Mounting Options Available
- Flexible Release and Shutdown Delay Options
- Temperature Range -65ºF (-54ºC) to 200ºF (93ºC)
Available Sentinel DCS Cylinders
- Sentinel DCS-25 – Charged with 25 lbs. ABC Dry Chemical, mountable from vertical to horizontal
- Sentinel DCS-50S – Charged with 50 lbs. ABC Dry Chemical, short configuration
- Sentinel DCS-50T – Charged with 50 lbs. ABC Dry Chemical, tall configuration
- Sentinel DCS-68 – Charged with 68 lbs. ABC Dry Chemical
- 83-131400-025 – DCS-25 Cyl & Valve Ass’y, with Pressure Switch
- 83-131400-050 – DCS-50S Cyl & Valve Ass’y, with Pressure Switch
- 83-131400-150 – DCS-50T Cyl & Valve Ass’y, with Pressure Switch
- 83-131400-068 – DCS-68 Cyl & Valve Ass’y, with Pressure Switch
- 83-131401-005 – DCS-25 Cyl & Valve Ass’y, without Pressure Switch
- 83-131401-010 – DCS-50S Cyl & Valve Ass’y, without Pressure Switch
- 83-131401-015 – DCS-50T Cyl & Valve Ass’y, without Pressure Switch
- 83-131401-020 – DCS-68 Cyl & Valve Ass’y, without Pressure Switch
Standard cylinders are DOT/TC approved welded steel shells, 4BW construction. They are pressurized to 360 PSIG at 70°F (21°C). The valve is forged, nickel plated brass, providing long-term reliability in rugged environments. The valve is a high-flow balanced pressure design, providing flexible hose and nozzle layout.
Each cylinder ships with a valve actuator attached. The cylinder can be activated with an electric actuator (protractor device) and/or via pressure. All three actuation ports of the actuator ship with plugs to ensure that water, dirt, and debris do not ingress.
The assemblies are available in two configurations. The first includes a pressure switch that links into the supervisory circuit of the control panel to monitor cylinder pressure. The pressure switch includes two industry-standard Deutsch connectors, providing ease of cabling. The second, more economical configuration, does not include the pressure switch.