NOTIFIER DAA2 Amplifiers
NOTIFIER DAA2 Series Digital Audio Amplifiers with Built In Class A Expander designed to increase the number of Class A circuits from two to four.
The DAA2 Series amplifiers are multi-featured amplifiers with digital audio functionality. Each DAA2 is capable of accessing and processing one of up to eight audio channels on the DVC audio loop, amplifying the signal, and distributing it via four Class B, two Class A outputs, or four Class A outputs in DAA2 amplifiers with a DCADC Class A expander. A DAA2-50 or DAA2-75 series amplifier is capable of mounting an optional BDA Digital amplifier, which can be used to provide one-to-one amplifier backup, or to support two-channel operation, or increased output wattage to 100W (100W option applies to DAA2-50 series only, other rules apply).
The DAA2 has two wire digital audio ports to connect to wire DAL (digital audio loop) segments. Either or both ports may be converted to fiber using fiber option modules.
Up to 32 devices, such as DAA2 amplifiers, can be connected to the DAL on one DVC Digital Voice Command unit. DAA2 amplifiers may be mixed with DAX and DAA series amplifiers on the same DAL.
An optional Firefighter telephone riser on the DAA2 supports local and network FFT communications. A DAA2 also supports use of an RM-1 remote microphone.
DAA2 amplifiers can store backup alarm and trouble messages, and provide an adjustable background music input.
- Listed to UL Standard 864, 9th edition
- 50 W total output power at 25 VRMS (all DAA2-5025 models) or 70 VRMS (all DAA2-5070 models)
- 75 W total output power at 25 VRMS (all DAA2-7525 models)
- Supports two Class A high-level audio outputs, or four Class A outputs in DAA2 amplifiers with a DCADC Class A expander, or four Class B outputs
- Optional BDA amplifiers support alternative configurations
- Backup amplifier – supports one-to-one backup (all DAA2 models)
- Primary amplifier – supports two-channel operation (all DAA2 models)
- Primary amplifier – increase power up to 100W, one- or two-channel operation. (DAA2-50 series only, configuration rules apply.)
- Supports one-to-many amplifier backup applications using the same model DAA2
- Firefighter telephone riser supports 7 active firefighter telephones. System Release 3.0 and higher supports optional configurations: direct connection for up to 7 firefighter telephones, or connection to multiple FTM-1 modules
- Remote microphone paging option with RM-1
- Audio output activation via network control-by-event equations resident within the DVC
- Two wire digital audio ports that can be converted to fiber using fiber option modules. Support Style 4 or 7 configurations
- Auxiliary input for 1 VRMS, to be used for background music input, an interface with a telephone paging source, or other compatible audio sources. Audio levels can be adjusted by end user. Optional supervision through programming
- Isolated alarm bus input, to be used for backup activation of alarm messages when normal digital communication is lost
- Programmable through VeriFire® Tools
- Up to 106 seconds of backup digital message storage for use in the event of communication loss (from the VeriFire Tools message library, or created by the installer)
- Battery charger disable provides battery sharing option for up to four DAA2s
- Disconnect of deeply-discharged battery (low battery disconnect)
Standards and Codes
The DAA2 Series Digital Audio Amplifiers comply with the following standards:
- NFPA 72 2007 National Fire Alarm Code
- Underwriter Laboratories Standard UL 864
- Underwriter Laboratories of Canada (ULC) ULC-S527-11 Standard of Control Units for Fire Alarm Systems
- Part 15 Class A conducted and radiated emissions as required by the FCC
- IBC 2012, IBC 2009, IBC 2006, IBC 2003, IBC 2000 (Seismic).
- CBC 2007 (Seismic)
Listings and Approvals
These listings and approvals apply to the basic DAA2 Series Digital Audio Amplifiers. In some cases, certain modules may not be listed by certain agencies, or listing may be in process. Contact NOTIFIER for latest listing status.
- UL Listed: S635
- ULC Listed: S635
- CSFM: 7165-0028:0243 (NFS2-640/NFS-320), 7165-0028:0224 (NFS2-3030)
- Fire Dept. of New York: COA#6287A (NFS2-640/NFS-320), COA#6306A (NFS2-3030)
- FM approved