NOTIFIER FireWarden-50 Fire Alarm System Panel
The NOTIFIER FireWarden-50 (NFW-50) is a Fire Alarm Control Panel (FACP) and Digital Alarm Communicator/Transmitter (DACT) combined into one circuit board. This compact, intelligent addressable control panel supports up to 50 addressable devices in any combination of detectors or modules. With an extensive list of powerful features, the FireWarden-50 programs just like FireWarden-100 products, yet fits into applications previously served only by conventional panels.
The FireWarden-50’s integral DACT transmits system status (alarms, troubles, AC loss, etc.) to a Central Station via the public switched telephone network. It also allows remote and local programming of the control panel using the VFWARDENCD Upload/Download utility. In addition, the control panel may be programmed or interrogated off-site via the public switched telephone network. Any personal computer with Windows™ 95 or greater, and compatible modem with a speed of 14.4 kbps or faster and Upload/Download software kit VFWARDEN-CD, may serve as a Service Terminal. This allows download of the entire program or upload of the entire program, history file, walk-test data, current status and system voltages.
The power supply and all electronics are contained on a single circuit board supported on a new quick install chassis and housed in a metal cabinet. Available accessories include local and remote upload/download software, remote annunciators, and reverse polarity/city box transmitter.
The FireWatch Series internet monitoring modules IPDACT-2 and IPDACT-2UD permit monitoring of alarm signals over the Internet saving the monthly cost of two telephone lines. Although not required, the secondary telephone line may be retained providing backup communication over the public switched telephone line.
NOTE: Unless otherwise specified, the term FireWarden-50 is used in this data sheet to refer to both the FireWarden-50 and the FireWarden-50E FACPs. For FireWarden-50C, refer to DN-60446.
- Single Isolated Intelligent Line Circuit (SLC) Style 4, 6 or 7
- SLC loop has 50 addressable device capacity in any combination of addressable detectors and modules
- Two independently programmable Class A or Class B Notification Appliance Circuits (NACs)
- Enhanced drift compensation, maintenance alert and auto detector test features
- New annunciator protocol with connections for up to eight remote devices, including 80-character LCD annunciators, remote printers, relays and graphic annunciators
- Built-in Digital Alarm Communicator Transmitter (DACT) with remote upload/download programming and diagnostic capability (requires VFWarden-CD)
- Optional IP Communicator
- Listed to UL Standard 864, 9th edition
- Auto-program (learn mode) reduces installation time. Reports two devices set to the same address
- On-board DACT
- Two independently programmable Style Z (Class A) or Style Y (Class B) NAC circuits
- Selectable strobe synchronization for System Sensor, Wheelock and Gentex devices
- Remote Acknowledge, Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable monitor modules
- Two programmable relays and one fixed trouble relay
- Built-in Programmer
- Telephone Line Active LEDs
- EIA-232 PC interface
- Integral 80-character LCD display with backlighting
- Real-time clock/calendar with automatic daylight savings control
- History file with 500 event capacity
- Automatic detector sensitivity testing (NFPA 72 compliant)
- Automatic device type-code verification
- Point trouble identification
- Waterflow selection per module point
- Alarm verification selection per detector point
- Maintenance alert warns when smoke detector dust accumulation is excessive
- ne-person audible or silent walk-test with walk-test log and printout
- System alarm verification selection per detector point
- PAS (Positive Alarm Sequence) and Pre-signal per point (NFPA 72 compliant)
- Up to eight ANN-BUS annunciators
- Remote Acknowledge, Alarm Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable modules or remote annunciator
- Upload/Download (local or remote) of program and data via integral DACT
SLC Communication Loop
- Single addressable SLC loop which meets NFPA Style 4, 6 and 7 requirements.
- 50 addressable device capacity (any combination of addressable detectors and modules).
- Compatible with NOTIFIER FireWarden addressable devices.
Notification Appliance Circuits (NACS)
- Two independently programmable output circuits. Circuits can be configured for the following outputs:
– Style Y (Class B)
– Style Z (Class A)
– Door Holder Service (cannot be used for notification appliances)
– Aux Power Source (cannot be used for notification appliances)
- Silence Inhibit and Auto-silence timer options.
- Continuous, March Time, Temporal or California code for main circuit board NACs with two-stage capability.
- Selectable strobe synchronization per NAC.
- 2.5 A total power for NACs.
NOTE: Maximum or total 24 VDC system power shared between all NAC circuits and the ANN-BUS is 2.7 A.
Programming and Software
- Auto-program (learn mode) reduces installation time.
- Custom English labels (per point) may be manually entered or selected from an internal library file.
- Two programmable Form-C relay outputs.
- 20 software zones.
- Continuous fire protection during online programming at the front panel.
- Program Check automatically catches common errors not linked to any zone or input point.
- OFFLINE PROGRAMMING: Create the entire program in your office using a Windows®-based software package (order programming kit VFWARDEN-CD separately). Upload/download system programming locally.
- AC Power (green)
- Fire Alarm (red)
- Supervisory (yellow)
- Trouble (yellow)
- Alarm Silenced signals (yellow)
- 16 Key Alpha-Numeric Pad
- Alarm Silenced
- Drill (Manual Evacuate)
- Reset (Lamp Test)
- Intelligent Signaling Line Circuits – 1
- Addressable Device Capacity – 50
- Programmable Software Zones – 20
- Annunciators – 8
AC Power: FireWarden-50E: 240 VAC, 50 Hz, 1.5 A. Wire size: minimum 14 AWG (2.00 mm2) with 600 V insulation. Nonpower-limited, supervised.
Battery: Two 12 V 18 AH lead-acid batteries. Battery Charger Capacity: 7-18 AH (FireWarden-50 cabinet holds maximum of two 18 AH batteries.)
Communication Loop: Supervised and power-limited.
Notification Appliance Circuits: Terminal Block provides connections for two NACs, Style Y (Class B) or Style Z (Class A). Special Application power. Power-limited, supervised circuitry. Maximum signaling current per circuit: 2.5 A. End-of-Line Resistor: 4.7 kohm, 1/2 watt (P/N 71252 UL listed) for Style Y (Class B) NAC. Refer to the NOTIFIER Device Compatibility Document for listed compatible devices.
Two Programmable Relays and One Fixed Trouble Relay: Contact rating: 2.0 A @ 30 VDC (resistive), 0.5 A @ 30 VAC (resistive). Form-C relays, nonpower-limited, non-supervised.
Door: 19.26″ (48.92 cm) high x 16.82″ (42.73 cm) wide x 0.72″ (1.82 cm) deep. Backbox: 19.00″ (48.26 cm) high x 16.65″ (42.29 cm) wide x 5.25″ (13.34 cm) deep. Trim Ring (TR-CE/B): 22.00″ (55.88 cm) high x 19.65″ (49.91 cm) wide.
Weight: 26.9 lbs. (12.20 kg.)
Dimensions: 20.00″ (50.80 cm.) high x 22.5″ (57.15 cm.) wide x 8.5″ (21.59 cm.) deep.
Temperature and Humidity Ranges
This system meets NFPA requirements for operation at 0 – 49ºC/32 – 120ºF and at a relative humidity 93% ± 2% RH (noncondensing) at 32ºC ± 2ºC (90ºF ± 3ºF). However, the useful life of the system’s standby batteries and the electronic components may be adversely affected by extreme temperature ranges and humidity. Therefore, it is recommended that this system and its peripherals be installed in an environment with a normal room temperature of 15 – 27ºC/60 – 80ºF.
The FireWarden-50 complies with the following NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Systems requirements:
- LOCAL (Automatic, Manual, Waterflow and Sprinkler Supervisory).
- AUXILIARY (Automatic, Manual and Waterflow) (requires 4XTM).
- REMOTE STATION (Automatic, Manual and Water-flow) (Where a DACT is not accepted, the alarm, trouble and supervisory relays may be connected to UL 864 listed transmitters. For reverse polarity signaling of alarm and trouble, 4XTM is required.)
- PROPRIETARY (Automatic, Manual and Waterflow).
- CENTRAL STATION (Automatic, Manual and Water- flow, and Sprinkler Supervised).
- OT, PSDN (Other Technologies, Packet-switched Data Network)
The listings and approvals below apply to the basic FireWarden-50 control panel. In some cases, certain modules may not be listed by certain approval agencies, or listing may be in process. Consult factory for latest listing status.
- UL: S635
- FM Approved
- CSFM: 7165-0028:239
- MEA: 442-06-E Vol. 2